Saturday, July 16, 2011

30 Days of Books, Day 21.

[Favourite book from your childhood.]

I can't even find these books online. I shouldn't feel this old, but upon incessantly Googling and not being able to find a thing I felt a glimmer of sadness for the childhood that's clearly stomped off into my past.
Oh, 90s childhood (okay that was twenty years ago, I need to stop being surprised by this sort of thing), you were wondrous.
GPOY, circa 1995-6 (guessing here) with
my charming uncle.
... oh, you got that we were related?
Oh right, I'm meant to be writing a post. Oops.

So my favourite childhood books, seemingly no longer in print (sob)?

The Bananas in Pyjamas books, by Katrina Van Gendt.

I don't really know how many people had these books. From what I know of my childhood, my parents were into some pretty wacky things. Not in a bad way, of course. We were raised on Franciscus Henri, who is an absolute legend.


But yeah, these books were lovely and awesome.
Rather than just the three teddies of the show's fame - who I believe are Morgan, Amy and Lulu - there are 12 teddies.

There were Beans in Jeans and Beetroots in Gumboots.


They're simple, lovely, easy to read books.


And apparently, they were the very first books I ever learned to read by myself.
This picture will forever live in my mind.


I'd tell you to go get them, but... sadly, no longer in print.
And you are not getting my copies. *hugs them close while staring creepily*

Anyway. Short one, really. I'm not the best to talk about kiddie books so I did it with pictures. Instagram-ed pics courtesy of Andromeda, shoddy lighting in my living room, and the furry mat my parents bought to hide the copious amounts of dog fur that floats around our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment